Searching for answers . . . no answers found.

Monday, November 03, 2008

Learning

The blog tutorial went nicely, everything fitting much better after my experience with CakePHP at work.

Next steps:

- wrap up the initial database schema (namely devise a scheme for player positions) with an eye for extensibility/scalability of player attributes.
- code up MVC for that schema
- think up a plugin/role architecture and tie it in with a user authentication mechanism (possibly using Auth built-in controller: see CakePHP docs)
- player attribute filtering: inspect and possibly adapt/port Icing's Filter component (but first survey 1.2's filtering capabilities).

So, off the top of my head, version 0.01 should package the following:

- basic CRUD for players & teams
- search players (using basic filters a la SIIUE at first)

That's pretty much it. Waiting on D. to wrap up her project work at her colleagues place so we can hit the sack at last. I'll be sleep deprived tomorrow, but what the hell. But it sucks to have an MSc appointment at 6pm.. considering I'm not as prepared as I would've liked to be.

Did I mention how fucking great Mogwai's latest album is?

No comments:

Followers

About Me

My photo
Always an ace on the river.