Searching for answers . . . no answers found.

Friday, April 24, 2009

RSS Feed Tracking in Blogger


I've been puzzled over and over again as to how I could go about monitoring the visitors I receive in my blogs coming through RSS feeds. I've been using Google Analytics for a long time, but the only thing I was tracking was the default: visits directly to the websites. Today I decided to give it another shot, this time with my eyes open... and having all my blogging ventures on Blogger helps tremendously. That and Google buying every company in sight.

After understand that I what I was looking for was obviously FeedBurner, I had to find a way to somehow redirect my current RSS feed to the new FeedBurner one, so current subscribers wouldn't have to manually update their feeds. That's where Google's buying spree comes into play: Blogger and FeedBurner are both under Google these days, so not only I can use the same account for everything - including Analytics - but there's also perfect and simple integration between each service.

So all I had to do was burn my original feed into FeedBurner, and then access my blog settings and put the new feed URL in the Post Feed Redirect URL field. Brilliant. Now FeedBurner is munching on data (see last post) and I'm eagerly awaiting to see some stats. Rock on.

No comments:

Followers

About Me

My photo
Always an ace on the river.