Searching for answers . . . no answers found.

Saturday, October 02, 2004

Considering I'm useless maintaining a proper blog for any considerably long amount of time, I think I'm just going to plagiate Mike Portnoy in his website's forum and turn this place into a "Hero of the Day" shrine. I hope he doesn't become upset and file a lawsuit against me (I wish! It would probably mean I'd sit on court next to the man himself!). Anyway, here's my first Hero of the Day..

FERNANDO MEIRELLES

Saw "Cidade de Deus" (City of God) tonight. I can't believe I haven't seen this movie earlier on. I ain't saying anything new here but I must give my own two cents and say that Fernando Meirelles is one hell of a gifted director and that I eagerly await his next feature film. While going through the movie's little over two hours, I noticed five or six great directorial details and that was fantastic from someone not only making his international debut but also coming from Brazil instead of Hollywood. Its Academy Award nomination (for all it's worth) was really really deserved, for my particular money. A must-see and probably my favourite 2003 movie.

No comments:

Followers

About Me

My photo
Always an ace on the river.