Searching for answers . . . no answers found.

Sunday, July 17, 2005

Apparently I'm on a translation spree and in consequence I've wrapped up the bits and pieces due next Sunday. So I'm a whole week ahead of schedule which is nice and comforting.

Found a really neat article about Dream Theater at Mike Portnoy's Forum. I've mirrored the article scan kindly provided by mabrown over at the forum so if you're a hard core DT fan like me, I strongly suggest you take a look at it.

Tomorrow morning I'll be in Lisbon at some hotel for the Football Manager 2006 Portuguese presentation. Sports Interactive's managing director, Miles Jacobson, will be here talking about the game and answering questions from the press. I'll finally get to meet the guy - we only spoke through IRC a few years back - and it would be nice to have lunch with him, if the opportunity presents itself - something I strongly doubt, anyway. Don't tell anyone, but working for SI as a programmer within a couple of years is one of my dream jobs ;)

Apparently the latest order from Amazon is already in the post-office waiting for me. The warning in my inbox says something about the package coming from Germany but I'm used to the weird tendency the postmen around here have to mess up things like that. I'm not waiting for anything from Germany, so it must really be the Amazon order. Which, if you're wondering, includes Arthur C. Clarke's and Stephen Baxter's Sunstorm (Book 2 of a A Time Odyssey, of which I thoroughly enjoyed volume one), No Way Out DVD and Best of the Best: 20 Years of the Year's Best Science Fiction, a compilation of compilations, namely of the Year's Best SF edited by Gardner Dozois.

Oh and I completely lost my head and just had to order this. It's just too cool.

No comments:

Followers

About Me

My photo
Always an ace on the river.