Searching for answers . . . no answers found.

Tuesday, July 19, 2005

A lazy and shameful day. I don't know what got into me all day but I just wandered around the house feeling completely knackered and moody. Still managed to finish some database translation tidbits I had lying around and sent them upstream. I currently have one batch of text backlogged due by the end of the month.

Read the first couple of stories from Best of the Best: 20 Years of the Year's Best Science Fiction and thoroughly enjoyed them. The first was Greg Bear's "Blood Music" which is stunning considering nanotechnology wasn't even coined as a term when it was wrote and published and Gene Wolfe's "A Cabin on the Coast". This one actually got me thinking "what the f*ck?!" just after I finished it. Gardner Dozois' preface is very good (even if it's not one of his famous summations) and Robert Silverberg also contributes with a rather interesting foreword. This book looks like a must have, really.

In other news, Opeth have officially released one track of their upcoming album, Ghost Reveries on sale next August 30th. The track is called "The Grand Conjuration", pretty much rocks my boat, and you can check it out for yourself the Opeth Listening Lounge (registration required). Highly recommended.

No comments:

Followers

About Me

My photo
Always an ace on the river.