Searching for answers . . . no answers found.

Thursday, July 07, 2005

It's a sad state of affairs in the world nowadays. I'm kind of at a loss of words when it comes to these terrorists attacks, it just never ends and we're simply sucked into a void and mindless war where we play no part whatsoever. We're just bystanders with a varying degree of guilt or innocence.

My thoughts go out to those who perished in this stupid way and to the hundreds who got injured. Maybe I'm just naïve but I don't understand why people insist in making this world uglier than it could be.

Fortunately, as far as I know, none of my acquaintances in London were caught in the attacks, but I'm still to hear from one of them.

Despite all this sickness, the world doesn't stop and so I spent the better part of the day working on the translation. Finished my part of the third batch and sent it upstream. Downstream promptly came another batch and some new match events to translate. Work ensues...


Update: There's really not much left to say about the London bombings but I just felt like quoting a good friend of mine from his travel log:

"Why do we keep killing people to tell people that killing people is wrong?"

This perfectly sums up my feelings about these issues.

(By the way, if you're reading this, mate, I've been following your log very closely and some minor hiccups aside I'm thrilled to learn you're having the time of your life. My best to you and Tea!)

No comments:

Followers

About Me

My photo
Always an ace on the river.