Searching for answers . . . no answers found.

Wednesday, December 15, 2004

DEVIN TOWNSEND

So I got sick of hearing good things about this Devin Townsend guy and not knowing any of his stuff. That's no longer the case. I've been listening quite a lot to "Terria" and particularly to "Ocean Machine" and this is great music indeed. Devin Townsend has this unique gift to create a very original kind of metal sound, which bares no resemblance to anything else whatsoever. At least not in my book. Walls of sound, great melodies, churning and downtuned guitars, great and evil screams and soft vocals, this man does everything in a very special and moving way. I can't recommend this high enough.

In a word: lush.

Now I want to get hold of "Infinity" and "Accelerated Evolution"...

No comments:

Followers

About Me

My photo
Always an ace on the river.