Searching for answers . . . no answers found.

Friday, December 31, 2004

In my continuing quest for musical enlightment (whatever that may be) I'll be shifting a bit my listening habits. What I'm going to do for some time, to see if it suits me, is to periodically choose half a dozen or so different albums, mostly albums that I haven't really absorbed yet. With all the music I currently own and all that I keep getting every day I feel it's a tough job to actually properly listen to most of it and that's something I don't really feel comfortable with. So the idea is to listen to a selection of works for some time and getting properly acquainted with those, then deciding whether I like it or not.

For whoever's interested and for me to keep track, I've put together this shabby page. From here you can get to know what's spinning around here. Who knows, it may even give you some ideas.

For the record, this has been inspired by Steven Wilson's Current Playlist page. Just so that I don't get suited for copying others without giving credit where credit is due ;) In case you haven't noticed yet, I'm a big fan of Steven Wilson for all his work, especially Porcupine Tree, Blackfield, No-Man, Opeth and Paatos (these last two as a producer).

Oh and by the way, have a good year. Do yourself a favour and be good to yourself and to others. Don't rely on random luck and some god's blessing to do the work for you. Do whatever makes you and the ones you like happy.

No comments:

Followers

About Me

My photo
Always an ace on the river.