Searching for answers . . . no answers found.

Sunday, August 15, 2004

Day 0.
Finally got off my lazy arse and decided to get something done. Not much anyway. Read some of the very basic tutorials and stared at some code. Found some Slackware packages for both wxGTK2 and wxPython which saved lots of work, though only after wasting almost an hour compiling wxPython from source. Anyway, it's up and running and I can now flawlessly compile the basic example programs. It doesn't seem too difficult to tame this baby afterall and I fear that getting the database together will prove to be much more of a challenge. Luckily I've managed to find a wxpython program somewhere on the web which does exactly what I'm looking for, ie. connect to a MySQL database from within wxpython and triggered by its own events. This way the bridge between wxPython and MySQL which puzzled me at first seems to be pretty much built. Tomorrow I will try to get my act a bit more together and hopefully try some example code. Soon it will be time to lay out the theoretical database design and then it will also be time to pick up some database theory.

No comments:

Followers

About Me

My photo
Always an ace on the river.