Searching for answers . . . no answers found.

Monday, August 16, 2004

Finally my first Amazon.fr order has arrived. To be honest, this was just an excuse to buy the "High Fidelity" DVD as I couldn't find it anywhere else. While I was at it, decided to buy a couple of books (yeah, as if my backlog wasn't big enough). These are Ghost Rider: Travels on the Healing Road by Neil Peart, the acclaimed Rush drummer and Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance, an all-time classic written by Robert M. Pirsig. As anyone who knows these books can tell, both ask and try to answer roughly the same questions from a similar point of view, with motorcycles as a common factor. I'm still reading "The Da Vinci Code" anyway so I haven't picked them up yet. Also, last Saturday paid a quick visit to the shopping mall back in Lisbon and I bought yet another book on impulse (been a while since the last time) and that's Kim Stanley Robinson's Years of Rice and Salt. I guess the "Imagine a World Without Europe..." tagline caught my eye. I've always been kind of fascinated with alternate history novels or anything related to different historical scenarios other than what actually happened in the past. The last such book I've read was the latest collaborative effort by Arthur C. Clarke and Stephen Baxter entitled Time's Eye.

On another note, took some time to go through a few weblogs featured in Blogger's homepage and came across a decidedly interesting one called Funfurde. It's tagline is "Funky Furniture and Design" and the pictures in there caught my eye. In particular, there's a rather nice bookcase in which you can store books vertically (in effect pilling them) instead of the regular horizontal disposition in a shelf. Here's a picture to illustrate the thought:



Isn't that cool? The price isn't that cool but that's a whole different story.

No comments:

Followers

About Me

My photo
Always an ace on the river.