Searching for answers . . . no answers found.

Sunday, August 15, 2004

More progress on the GUI programming learning front. Went over the Getting Started tutorial from the WxPython wiki page. Despite being incomplete, it still is a very nice introduction and encouraged me to get my hands all dirty on the subject. There's also a snippet of code in there which shows how you can write a bare bones text editor in about 50 lines of Python code. Of course it's a pretty useless app when it comes down to it, but still it goes to show how expressive you can be writing code using Python. I'm now feeling comfortable with the basics so I guess I'll just dive into the database design and then pick up the more advanced and complex concepts as I go along.

On other news, José Mourinho, current Chelsea FC manager and former FC Porto (where he won both the UEFA Cup and Champions League as well as every possible domestic trophy) won his first official match in England. The opposition were no less than Manchester United and Chelsea came out shining after a difficult 1-0 win in what was a nearly perfect tactical display from the Blues in a match that in terms of emotion left something to be desired. Personally, I think Chelsea will sooner or later enter Cruise mode and virtually wipe any domestic opposition. Perhaps it won't be so soon, perhaps not even this season, but Mourinho seems to have all the conditions to achieve enormous success at Stamford Bridge.

Also, I was watching Serendipity earlier on but I simply had to stop and let it recording on the VCR. Kate Beckinsale just looks too damn nice to stare at right now.

No comments:

Followers

About Me

My photo
Always an ace on the river.