Searching for answers . . . no answers found.

Friday, September 10, 2004

Life hasn't been good ever since coming back from Belgium. Do I see a pattern here? Maybe that's also why I haven't kept up with writing this journal. Simply no mood to type any word further than strictly necessary for surviving purposes.

Anyway, to make a long story (very) short, I happened to have dinner with Yalcin and Tiago in my last evening abroad this time. We had some good italian (pizza for me and yalcin and cannelonni for Tiago) and walked a bit around the city, Yalcin showed up his school and all. Unfortunately we didn't have much time as our flight was due next morning at 7am which meant getting up around 4.30am. Nasty. We still had time for a quick picture, for posterity which is featured in the bottom of this post.

The flight back home was quite uneventful aswell but a lot more comfortable for me and things weren't too unpredictable for me as they were the first time round. I actually enjoyed take off and landing to the fullest and all the magnificient view a flight passenger can usually get from the plane window. The bad bit was forgetting my Shawshank Redemption poster in the plane and I just realized it after I claimed my luggage and was actually getting off the passengers only area. Which means, too late. I got in touch with Lost & Found, waited for some 15 minutes and got told to come back later. So I did, in the afternoon, but still, it hadn't come up. Either the airport officials are blind (pretty much like myself for having left it in the damned plane) or else someone found it cute and decided to steal it. Nice.

Then ever since stepping out of the airport, my life has pretty much sunken for reasons not even worth mentioning here. I'm slowly trying to get back on my feet and people insist in beating me down. What am I doing wrong?

Lots of translation work - still finishing the 2nd part, it's almost done, 48 strings to go and those will surely (I hope!) be killed by tomorrow. Woke up today (Friday) to find 6 emails waiting in my personal inbox, 4 of which Football Manager 2005 related. Basically I've had to come up with a new website for the portuguese research, from scratch, and send every translated and untranslated bits I have upstream to Sega.

Ach.



Yalcin on the left and me... on the right I guess.

No comments:

Followers

About Me

My photo
Always an ace on the river.